Heavy Vehicles Market in India comprises of trucks, Machines, Ambulances, and School Buses. The popular heavy vehicle brands in India are Volvo, Eicher, Tata, Telco, Ashok Leyland, Bajaj Tempo, and Swaraj Mazda.
- Ashok Leyland: A major manufacturer in the Heavy Vehicles Market in India, Ashok Leyland has been leading in its technology and innovation. Its product ideas are being utilized by many other commercial vehicle companies. Factories are located at Bhandara, Hosur, Alwar, and Ennore.
- Eicher Motors Limited: Founded in 1982, Eicher is a leading manufacturer of trucks and buses. It has technological expertise from Mitsubishi Motors Corporation of Japan. Its operations are located at Thane and Pitampur.
- Tata Motors Limited: Began its heavy vehicles manufacture in 1983. In 2005 it manufactured 'Tata Ace' a mini truck. Heavy vehicle brands under its banner are Novus trucks, Starbus and Globus buses, and defense vehicles.
- Swaraj Enterprise Limited: It is known for its tractor manufacture both in India as well as USA. Swaraj Mazda Limited was promoted in 1983 and today it is a large manufacturer of heavy vehicles. Some of its products are school buses, CNG buses, fire brigades, ambulances, etc.
- Force Motors Limited: Formerly known as Bajaj Tempo Limited, Force had started operating in 1950 and has been successfully manufacturing heavy commercial vehicles along with other vehicles since then. Its operations are at Pithampur and Akurdi.
The heavy vehicles market in India has received fiscal incentives from the government, and with liberalization of automobile policies, India is all set to go way ahead in this segment.