Chandru Raheja Biography
Chandru Raheja Factsheet
|Age||70 (as on March 2011)|
|Father's name||L.S Raheja|
|Educated from||National Law College, Mumbai|
|Works for||K Raheja Corporation|
|Valued at||US $2 billion|
|Spouse||Jyoti C. Raheja|
|Children||2, Ravi and Neel Raheja|
About Chandru RahejaChandru Raheja is an Indian entrepreneur who transformed his family's small scale property business into a renowned real estate group K Raheja Corporation. Under his leadership K Raheja Corp has built several residences, offices, malls, hotels and IT parks. Shoppers Stop, Hypercity and Orbit Malls are highlights in the portfolio of K. Raheja group. He has formed an alliance with the Servcorp, an Australian firm for providing serviced offices. He is a Forbes billionaire, having a net worth of US $2 billion. He is well known for his media diffident personality and simple living.
Chandru Raheja's Personal BackgroundChandru Raheja was born to L S Raheja and has four brothers. He completed his LLB from National Law College, Mumbai.
Chandru Raheja is married to Jyoti C. Raheja. The couple has two sons Ravi and Neel who work with Raheja in his real estate business.
Chandru Raheja's Career
- Mr. Raheja started with his career in the field of real estate after he parted from his siblings in 1996 and established his own real estate firm K Raheja Corp.
- After the split with the family he moved ahead to establish a brand called Mindspace, a complete sole handed venture to set up offices, malls and IT parks.
- Chandru then acquired four hotels in Mumbai, amongst which three are handled by Marriott.
- His business alliance with ProLogis is channelled towards building warehouses while his co-franchise with Servcorp is directed towards providing serviced offices.
About K Raheja Corp Group
- Real Estate
K Raheja Corp is the first to initiate the concept of self contained township and commercial business districts which comprehend all the facilities like residential apartment, offices, malls, virtually making it a mini city.
K Raheja Corp is the first to bring retail boom to India by establishing a giant retail chain “Shoppers Stop”. Crossword, Inorbit Mall & Hyper City are also highlighting features of its retail business.
Social Activities of K Raheja GroupChandru Raheja is a philanthropic. He is aware of his social responsibilities and wholeheartedly works towards fulfilling them.
He has established :
- S.L Raheja Hospital & Diabetic Research Center
- The Bombay Scottish School
- L. S. Raheja College of Arts & Architecture
- L. S. Raheja Technical School.
- He has also built various parks; children play areas, beautiful traffic islands and other such things so as to contribute towards maintaining a green and equitable environment.
Last Updated on June 08, 2015