Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Trichy (BIM) is one of the premier management schools in India offering one of the most coveted management courses (MBA) in the country. Founded by 'Bharat Ratna' Mr. C. Subramanian and Prof. P.S. Mani Sundaram in Tiruchirappalli in the south Indian state of Tamil Nadu in August 1984, Bharathidasan Institute of Management has specialized itself in offering high-standard MBA programme. The institute has a symbolic partnership with Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) and is located in the BHEL (Tiruchirappalli division) premises. Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Trichy (BIM) also has close alliance with the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO). It offers training to selected DRDO scientists as well.
- Rated No. 1 B-School in South Region – CSR-GHRDC B-School Survey 2008.
- Rated No. 13 in 'Top B-Schools of Excellence in India' – CSR-GHRDC B-School Survey 2008.
- Rated No. 13 in 'Learning Experience in India – Business World-GfK Mode B-School Survey 2007.
- Rated No. 10 in 'Top Government-Aided B-Schools – Outlook C-force Survey 2008.
- Category "A" B-School – Indian Management 2008.
Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Trichy (BIM) offers 2-year full time MBA programme in the following areas:
- Technology (for DRDO scientists)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in any discipline with at least 50%.
- Candidates who have appeared for the final examination are also eligible to apply. However, they need to score the required marks.
Candidates can obtain prospectus and application form by sending a Demand Draft (in favor of Bharathidasan Institute of Management payable at Tiruchirappalli) of ` 1400/- (Rs. 920/- for SC/ST). One can also apply online at www.bim.edu.
Admission is based on the CAT scores, which are used to shortlist candidates.
|Category||Amount (in Rs.)|
|Tuition Fee (2 years)||7,50,000|
|Hostel Fee (per annum)||16,000|
Management Development Programmes
Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Trichy (BIM) also offers several management development programmes for various organizations like BHEL, Indian Railways, Life Insurance Corporation of India, State Bank of India and many more. Some of the management development programmes offered by BIM are as below:
- Managerial Skill Development
- Developing Leadership Skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Team Building
- Transactional Analysis
- Human Process Lab
- Managing for Results
- Effective Communication
- Strategic Cost Management
- Project Appraisal and Planning
- Working Capital Management
- Brand Management
- Selling Skills
- Customer Service
- Managing for Results
- Finance for Non Finance Management
Bharathidasan Institute of Management
(School of Excellence of Bharathidasan University)
P. Box No. 12, MHD Complex
Tiruchirappalli – 620 014
- IIM Ahmedabad Ahmedabad, India
- IIM Bangalore Bangalore, India
- IIM Calcutta Kolkata, India
- IIM Indore Indore, India
- XLRI Jamshedpur School of Business & Human Resources Jamshedpur, India
- IIM Lucknow Lucknow, India
- MDI Gurgaon Gurgaon - Delhi/NCR, India
- SP Jain Institute of Management & Research Mumbai, India
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS) Mumbai, India
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS-Delhi) Delhi/NCR, India