Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai (LIBA)
About Loyola Institute of Business AdministrationLoyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai (LIBA) is one of the premier B-schools in India located in the state of Tamil Nadu. Founded in 1979 under the aegis of Loyola College Society, Loyola Institute of Business Administration has crafted its name through its value-based education and academic excellence. Both, its full time as well as part time management programmes are approved by AICTE. Further, AIU recognizes its full time Post Graduate Diploma in Management as equivalent to MBA degree. Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai (LIBA) also offers Ph.D. programme in affiliation with the University of Madras.
Programmes offered at Loyola Institute of Business AdministrationLoyola Institute of Business Administration offers following academic programmes:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Full Time)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Part Time)
- Three Months Certificate Program
- Certificate in Finance
- Certificate in Sales and Marketing
- Certificate in Information Security, Controls and Audit of Business Information Systems
- Certificate in Software Testing
- Certificate in Supply Chain Modeling and Analysis
- Certificate in Management of Human Resources
- Certificate in Project Management
- Executive Diploma in Financial Analysis
- One Year Executive Program
- Banking Management
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Marketing Management
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Retail Management
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Full Time) at LIBAThis 2-year full time programme has 6 terms, consisting of 41 courses (25 compulsory and 16 electives). Besides, summer project and final dissertation are also parts of the programme.
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline with at least 60% marks.
- Those who have appeared for the final examination may also apply, provided that they submit their certificates within specified time.
For getting admitted to Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai (LIBA), one needs to register for CAT or XAT (www.xlri.edu) and get the CAT/ XAT ID. With the CAT/XAT ID, candidates need to apply to LIBA. A demand draft of Rs. 1250/- (in favor of LIBA, CHENNAI payable at Chennai) has to be sent to the institute. One can also register online at www.liba.edu.
Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of CAT/XAT score. Shortlisted candidates are called for Group Discussion followed by Personal Interview.
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Part Time) at LIBAThis 3-year part time programme has 9 terms, consisting of 35 courses (26 compulsory and 9 electives). Class timings are from Monday through Friday from 6.45 p.m. to 8.30 p.m.
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks.
- Minimum 2 years of full time work experience.
- Should be employed while applying.
In order to get admitted to this programme, candidates need to apply with the requisite fee to LIBA. Selection is based on the Written Test followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Scores of Management Aptitude Test (MAT) are also considered. MAT is conducted by the All India Management Association (AIMA).
Ph.D. At LIBAThe Ph.D. programme of Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai (LIBA) has been approved by the University of Madras. One can pursue Ph.D. degree in Business Administration in affiliation with the University of Madras in various areas like Marketing, General Management, Human Resources, Systems, Finance, Operations and Economics.
First Class Master's degree in management.
In order to get admitted to Ph.D. programme, candidates need to apply to LIBA. The candidates would be selected by LIBA and approved by the University of Madras on the following grounds:
- Certified results of qualifying education
- Written Entrance test and
- Performance in the personal interview
The duration may, vary from 3 years to 5 years. Ccandidates who possess an M.Phil degree are exemption of 1 year from the minimum duration.
As per the University Guidelines the LIBA Ph.D. program is conducted on a non – stipend basis. LIBA does not charge any tuition fee from Ph.D. students for the entire duration. The students, however, are required to pay the prescribed fee to the university directly.
Contact details of Loyola Institute of Business AdministrationLoyola Institute of Business Administration
LIBA, Loyola College
Tank Bund Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai 600 034 India.
Phone: +91 44 28177100
Fax : +91 44 28173183
Last Updated on July 10, 2015
- IIM Ahmedabad Ahmedabad, India
- IIM Bangalore Bangalore, India
- IIM Calcutta Kolkata, India
- IIM Indore Indore, India
- XLRI Jamshedpur School of Business & Human Resources Jamshedpur, India
- IIM Lucknow Lucknow, India
- MDI Gurgaon Gurgaon - Delhi/NCR, India
- SP Jain Institute of Management & Research Mumbai, India
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS) Mumbai, India
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS-Delhi) Delhi/NCR, India