About Adani Enterprises
The Adani Group is an Indian business conglomerate with a worldwide presence in areas like Power, Infrastructure, Logistics, Global Trading, Port & Special Economic Zone, Energy, Oil and Gas, Mining, FMCG products, Agribusiness, Bunkering, Real Estate Development, and others.
Adani Enterprises Ltd. started its business with an initial capital of Rs.5 Lakhs. It was previously called as Adani Exports Ltd. The corporation has turned into the flagship brand of the Adani group of business which registered revenue of Rs. 260 billion in the last financial year.
The Adani Group is famous for the following achievements:
- The company built the biggest multi commodity Special Economic Zone in the country
- It is the owner of the biggest private harbor in India
- Adani is one of the biggest business houses in the country
- It is the owner of the biggest edible oil refinery in the country
- It sponsored the first supercritical technology-oriented power plant in India
- Adani is the biggest Integrated Coal Management Company in India
- It runs the biggest automated import Coal Terminal in the world with a capacity of 60 MnT
|Latest Financial Figures||(Figures in Rs. Crores)|
|ET 500 Rank(2011)||131|
|Profit after Tax(PAT)||2476.09|
|MCAP (Market Capitalization)||54192.52|
Adani Enterprises or the Adani Group was established in 1988. At present, the Chairman of the group is Gautam S. Adani.
Board of Directors of Adani Enterprises
Given below are the people who represent the board of Directors of the Adani Group:
- Gautam S. Adani (Chairman and founder)
- Rajesh S. Adani (Managing Director)
- Vasant S. Adani (Director)
- Dr. Amratlal C. Shah
- Jay H. Shah
- Dr. Pravin P. Shah
- Anil Ahuja
- Yoshihiro Miwa
- Devang Desai
- Surendra Kumar Tuteja
Group Companies of Adani Enterprises
The different corporations under the Adani Group are as follows:
- Adani Power Ltd.
- Adani Enterprises Ltd.
- Adani Wilmar Ltd.
- Adani Retail Ltd.
- Adani Mining Ltd.
- Gujarat Adani Energy Ltd.
- iCall India Ltd.
- Gujarat Adani Port Ltd.
- Adani Agri Logistics Ltd.
- Mundra Port and Special Economic Zone Ltd.
- Adani Properties Ltd.
- Adani Agri Fresh Ltd.
- Adani Welspun Ltd.
Awards and Accolades won by Adani Enterprises
- SRTEPC 1999-00 and SOPA Award (1999-00), 2000- Gold Trophy, and Niryat Shree Gold Trophy of FIEO (1999-00).
- 2001 - The company received the award of "Golden Super Star Trading House" SOPA Award (2000-01) Gold Trophy, SRTEPC (2000-01).
- 2002 – It received the SOPA Award (2001-02).
- 2003 – The company achieved the 38th rank in BS 1000-India’s Corporate Giants.
- 2004 – The company received the ICSI Award for Excellence in Corporate Governance. It also won FIEO’s Niryat Shree Gold. Trophy (2003-04) and ranked as one of the Top 25 Companies GCCI Export Appreciation Award (2003-04). It received the "International Code for the Security of Ships and of Port Facilities" (ISPS) Award for conformity by Ministry of Shipping, Government of India in 2004.
- 2005 – It received the Award of "Five Star Export House", Received ISO 9001:2000 Recognition by AG Nielsen ORG Marg, and FIEO's Niryat Shree Gold Trophy (2004-05) in 2005. As of March 2005, Fortune was the biggest selling brand of edible oil in the country with 22% market stake.
- 2006 - Mundra Port and SEZ received the Port Authority Award (2006) by "Lloyd’s List" for being the best harbor in the Indian subcontinent and Middle East.
- 2007 - Mr. Gautam Adani received The Excellence in Management Award (2007) from Shri Narendra Modi, the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
- 2009 – It received the Dun & Bradstreet – Rolta Corporate Award 2008 for a remarkable effort in trading following testing and assessing different factors and operations of more than 500 corporations.
Products and Services of Adani Enterprises
The products and services of the Adani Group are as follows:
- Coal Trading
- Power Trading
- City Gas Distribution
- Coal Mining
- Ports & Logistics
- Mundra Port and Special Economic Zone Ltd. (MPSEZ)
- Real Estate
- Agro: Fruits & Vegetables: Adani Agri Fresh Ltd.
- Agro Edible Oil: Adani Wilmar Ltd.
- Agro Supply Chain - Adani Agri Logistics Ltd.
Economic Growth of Adani Enterprises
According to the unaudited financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2011, the company has grown in terms of profit and sales. The various figures are given below:
- Total income: Rs. 1008,448 lakhs
- Net Profit before Taxation: Rs. 77,667 lakhs
- Net profit: Rs. 55,268 lakhs
Address of Head OfficeThe contact details of the headquarters of Adani Enterprises and other locations are as follows:
- "Adani House"
Near Mithakhali Six Roads
Ahmedabad – 380 009
Post Box No. 1
Mundra (Kutch) 370421
- "Adani House"
Plot No 83, Sector 32
Gurgaon - 122001
Last Updated on 1/4/2012
|>> More About India Company|