GAIL, one of the premier Natural Gas Company. GAIL (India) Limited was incorporated in 16th August 1984.
GAIL has won a number of accolades and awards for its contribution to the nation, like:
- Selected as the top Indian company in the Gas Processing, Transmission and Marketing sector for the Dun & Bradstreet - American Express Corporate Awards 2006.
- GAIL's Dahej – Vijaipur Pipeline Project has won the Silver Medal in Mega Projects Category at the International Project Management Association Awards, 2006.
- The company has received the Platts Global Industry Leadership Award 2005 in recognition of its commitment, continuous good work and collective efforts over a period of 20 years for the hydrocarbon industry at a global level.
- Certification of Merit' from Hon'ble President of India in recognition of systematic and serious attempts for efficient utilization and conservation of energy during the last 3 years, the Golden Icon Award for exemplary initiatives in e-Governance.
- Rated as one of the Best Employers in India by Hewitt Associates in 2004 and was adjudged as an Organization with Innovative HR Practices by HT Power Jobs.
- Quality Excellence Award by the Quality Council of India.
|Latest Financial Figures||(Figures in Rs. Crores)|
|ET 500 Rank(2011)||22|
|Industry||Oil Drilling And Exploration|
|Profit after Tax(PAT)||4020.97|
|MCAP (Market Capitalization)||4020.97|
GAIL Natural Gas value chain activities includes:
- Gas Exploration & Production.
- Gas Processing.
- Gas Transmission.
- Gas Distribution.
- Gas Marketing.
- Other related services.
- 5,800 km of Natural Gas high pressure trunk pipeline with a capacity to carry 130 MMSCMD of natural gas across the country.
- 7 LPG Gas Processing Units to produce 1.2 MMTPA of LPG and other liquid hydrocarbons.
- North India's only gas based integrated Petrochemical complex at Pata with a capacity of producing 3,10,000 TPA of Ploymers.
- 1,922 km of LPG Transmission pipeline network with a capacity to transport 3.8 MMTPA of LPG.
- 30 oil and gas Exploration blocks and 3 Coal Bed Methane Blocks.
- 13,000 km of OFC network offering highly dependable band-with for telecom service providers.
- Joint venture companies in Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kanpur, Agra, Lucknow, Bhopal, and Pune, for supplying Piped Natural Gas (PNG) to households and commercial users, and Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) to the transport sector.
- Participating stake in the Dahej LNG Terminal and the upcoming Kochi LNG Terminal in Kerala.
- GAIL has been entrusted with the responsibility of reviving the LNG terminal at Dabhol as well as sourcing LNG.
- Established presence in the CNG and City Gas sectors in Egypt.
- Stake in China Gas Holding to explore opportunities in the CNG sector in mainland China.
- A wholly-owned subsidiary company GAIL Global (Singapore) Pvt. Ltd in Singapore.
GAIL has registered a turnover of ` 16,047 crore for the year ended 31st March 2006-07. GAIL has posted Net Profit to the tune of ` 2387 crore for the year ended 31st March 2006-07. GAIL employee strength is around 3442.
GAIL is headed by Dr. U.D. Choubey, Chairman and Managing Director.
GAIL Registered office is located at:
16, Bhikaiji Cama Place,
New Delhi 110 066
Web site: www.gail.nic.in
Last Updated on 1/4/2012