This site provides comprehensive information on HT Media, one of the India's premier print media player. HT Media is a KK Birla company.
HT was first published in 1924 and over the years have scaled to a daily circulation of 715,000 in Delhi alone.
HT Media has a leadership position in the English newspaper market in North India and the second position in the Hindi newspaper market in the North and East. Hindustan Times has a circulation of over 1.2 million and is the fastest growing mainline English newspaper in terms of readership.
HT Media group has diversified business interests like -
- Business process outsourcing.
HT Media primary business is print media and leading brand is Hindustan Times but it is also into other publications, like -
- Hindustan – a leading Hindi daily of the country with readership in excess of 10 million. This makes it the fourth largest daily in India and is published from New Delhi, Lucknow, Patna, Ranchi and Haryana.
- HindustanTimes.com – portal, with over 2 million visitors and 50 million page views per month, is one of the largest news portals in the country.
- Nandan – a children's magazine.
- Kadambini – a women's magazine.
- Hindustan Times – English daily, is published from New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Patna, Ranchi and Lucknow.
|Latest Financial Figures||(Figures in Rs. Crores)|
|ET 500 Rank(2011)||346|
|Profit after Tax(PAT)||180.91|
|MCAP (Market Capitalization)||3334.47|
Moreover, HT Media has over 1,000 journalists spread across the country. HT Media as part of its expansion has forayed into the FM radio market in key Indian cities through a consulting partnership with Virgin Radio. The channel, Fever 104, is currently available in Delhi and Mumbai. HT Media has forayed into 'national business newspaper' business publication – “Mint”, with an exclusive agreement with Wall Street Journal to publish Journal branded news and information in India.
HT Media has generated revenue of worth ` 505 crore for the year ended 31st March 2006-07. HT Media has posted Operating Profit to the tune of ` 116 crore for the year ended 31st March 2006-07.
HT Media is headed by Dr K K Birla, Chairman. HT Media Limited Head office is located at -
Hindustan Times House
18 - 20, K G Marg
New Delhi – 110 001, INDIA
Tel: +91 11 23361234
Fax: +91 11 23704600
Web: www.hindustandainik.com, www.hinduatantimes.com.
Last Updated on 1/4/2012