The Printing Industry uses a number of petrochemical intermediaries for their end products. It is largely dependent on the petrochemical industry for it supply of inventory.
Petrochemicals is one of the industries of the future since it provides a wide array of intermediary products for use in manufacturing of many end use commodities. Many of our daily use products are the made out of basic materials derived from petrochemicals. Different industries use several petrochemical intermediaries as raw materials and as products which aid manufacturing process.
The petrochemicals used in Printing industry:-
- Benzene is one of the major petrochemicals used in the printing. It is used as a solvent for ink solutions and also as a cleaning agent for the machines
- Toluene is another important petrochemical which is widely used as a solvent in the printing industry
- Xylene is a mixed isomer. This petrochemical used in the manufacturing of paints & paint remover.
- Trichloroethane is an important petrochemical used for cleaning and removing grease from metal surfaces
- Dichloromethane is extensively used as a paint remover
- Methyl Isobutyl Ketone(MIBK) is one of the important solvents used in printing industry
- 1,1,1-Trichloroethane(TCA) is a petrochemical which is used as a solvent for inks.
- Ethylene Glycol is an important petrochemical used in the manufacturing of ink
- Methyl Ethyl Ketone(MEK) is also a solvent used in ink solutions
- Glycol Ethers is also used as a solvent in the printing industry
- Isopropyl Alcohol a chemical which is noted for its usage in the printing industry as a cleanser and solvent
- Polyvinyl Acetate is a polymer used in form of emulsions to make water proof paper and also used as a binder in paints
- Lubricating oils used for smooth functioning of the machines are usually of petrochemical origin, i.e. the heavy hydrocarbons
Last Updated on 13 December 2011