Currently, Car Insurance India is one of the most flourishing industries in India. The number of vehicles running on the Indian roads has grown manifold. Almost every month, a new car is being launched by top car manufacturers such as Hindustan Motors, Hyundai Motors India Limited, Mahindra and Mahindra, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, and Toyota Kirloskar Motors Ltd.
Car insurance India companies offer comprehensive insurance cover for damages or losses created to the automobile as a result of man-made or natural events. When you purchase an insurance policy for your new or old car, it also protects you and your co-passengers by offering accidental coverage.
Motor insurance in India is a mandatory requirement for all vehicle owners. Whether you use it for individual use or commercial purpose, you need to have an auto insurance policy in place. Vehicle insurance policies in India have been devised to insure private cars, two wheelers, and commercial vehicles.
The car insurance companies in India have associations with the top car manufacturers in the country. You can get instant car insurance quotes by filling out a simple and online application form.
The premium you need to pay to the car insurer after buying a car insurance policy is dependent on a number of factors. If you purchase a very costly car, your rate of premium will be exorbitantly high. On the other hand, if you purchase a cheap car, you will qualify for a more reasonable rate of premium.
The claims offered by the car insurance companies in India can be categorized into the following:
- Accidental claims
- Theft or burglary claims
- Third party claims
You have to submit particular documents for getting a claim, which include suitably completed and signed claim form, copy of driving license, copy of the registration certificate of the car, copy of FIR (First Information Report), and copy of policy agreement.
Car Insurance Companies in India
The top motor insurance companies in India are as follows:
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz
- HDFC Ergo
- IFFCO-Tokio General Insurance
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance
- Oriental Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Alliance
- Tata AIG
- HSBC India
- The New India Assurance Company
- United India Insurance Company Ltd.
Coverage offered by car insurance companies in India Auto insurers in India offer the following coverage:
- Damage or loss as a result of an accident, lightning, fire, external explosion, self ignition, housebreaking or theft, burglary, or any other malicious operation.
- Liability for death or injury of third party, damage or loss to third party property and liability to paid driver
- On payment of suitable extra premium, damage/loss to electronic/electrical appliances
Your auto insurance coverage will not cover the following:
- When car is used beyond the geographical territory
- Depreciation, consequential damage, electrical and mechanical breakdown, snag or breakage
- Nuclear warfare and intoxicated driving
Last Updated on 5th July 2011