Alembic is the most reputed pharmaceutical company in the whole of Asia. Certified by the GMP-WHO as well as ISO 9002, ISO 14001 and ISO 27001, Alemebic Pharma Ltd is functional in more than 75 countries all over the world. The organization aims at improving the quality of life of people across the countries. Providing the top healthcare facilities at economic cost is the major highlight of the Alembic pharmacy.
- From 1907-1960: The company called Alembic Chemical Works Co. Ltd was set up with production of Tinctures and Alcohol at Baroda. Around these years, Alembic also began to manufacture cough syrup, tonics, sulphur drugs and vitamins. Besides, at Baroda the well- known French distillery plant was installed. In the year 1952, the Alembic Glass, the research and development activity began.
- From 1970-1980: These years are known for the production of the Erythromycin from Eli Lilli in United States of America. The company also launched Althrocin, which was a brand medicine of Erythromycin. Alembic was the first pharmaceutical company in India to manufacture the Kanamycin by fermentation, which was produced under the guidance of MEIJI SEIJA in Japan.
- From 1980-1990: Alembic began the manufacture of 6-APA on a large scale using immobilized enzymes.
- From 1990-2004: Around these 14 years, Alembic Pharma Ltd received its first Chemixcil Award. The voluminous production of Azithromycin, Clarithromycin and Roxythromycin was marketed. The company set up the Generic division and also introduced Azithral liquid.
Alembic pharmaceuticals specializes in finished dosage forms both in the section of sterile and non-sterile forms. Some of the trademarked domestic formulations of the company include:
- Antibiotics & Anti bacterials
- Cough & Cold
- Oral Hypoglycemic
- Herbals & Nutraceuticals
Vadodara - 390 003.
Last Updated on 6th July 2011