Agriculture in Different States of India
The fertility of the soil has augmented agriculture in different states of India. Further, agriculture in different states of India played an important role towards the economic growth and social structure of each and every individual Indian states. From the time in memorial India has been an agriculture based country and agriculture was the only source of livelihood. During prehistoric time when there was no currency system the India economy system followed barter system for trading i.e. the excess of agricultural produce were exchanged against other items. The produce and system of agriculture in different states of India are varied and thus offers a wide online agricultural products portfolio.
Even today the agricultural produce of different states of India and its subsequent productivity growth is predicated to a large extent upon the development of its 700-million strong rural population. The agricultural economy of Indian states is drafted according to the needs of rural India since, majority of the population lives in about 600,000 small villages. These section of Indian population are engaged primarily with agriculture, directly or indirectly. In India, agriculture accounts for almost 19% of Indian gross domestic products (GDP). The rural India is wholly agriculture based and it is of tremendous importance because it has vital supply and demand links with the Indian manufacturing sector. Agriculture is the main stay of the Indian economy as it constitutes the backbone of rural India which inhabitants more than 70% of total Indian population.
Last Updated on 07th Jully 2011
The main agricultural food products of different states of India are as follows -
- Food Grains - Rice, Wheat, Pulses, Cereals, Corn, Maize, Rice Bran Extractions, Sorghum, Soy meal, Suji, Parmal, Lentils, Jowar, Bajra, Chick pea,
- Fruits & Nuts - Cashew Kernels, Cashew Nut, Cashews, Almonds, Roasted Dry Fruits, Peanuts, Groundnut, Walnut Kernels, Walnuts, Indian Peanuts, HPS Groundnuts
- Fruits - Bananas, Beans, Cherry, Cucumbers, Dried Fruits, Dried Truffles, Carrots, Lemon, Mandarins, Mango steens, Meslin, Shallots, Apples, Asparagus, Grapes, Oranges, Gherkins, Turnips, Oranges, Papaya, Pineapple,
- Vegetables – Potatoes, Bitter gourd, Stripe Gourd, Pumpkin, cauliflower, Cabbage, Tomato, Onion, Green Pepper, Drum Sticks, Lady's finger, Banana, Papaya, Spinach, Cucumber, Mushroom, Mushroom Spawn, Radiata,
- Seeds, Buds, Plantation & Related Products - Basil Seed, Cumin seeds, Dill Seed, Buds, Celery Seed, Hybrid Seeds, Sesame Seeds, Sesbania Seed, Sunflower Seeds, Mustard Seeds, Oil Seeds, Plant Products, Plantation, Plants, Psyllium Seed, Fennel Seed, Fenugreek Seed, Herb Seeds, Tamarind Seed, Vegetable Seeds
- Spices - Black Pepper, Chilli Powder, Chillies, Cinnamon, Cloves, Coriander Powder, Cumin, Curry Powders, Dry Ginger, Dry Red Chilly, Cardamom, Anise, Salt, Onion Powder, Pepper, Fenugreek, Clove, Ginger, Turmeric, Turmeric Powder,
- Tea & Coffee - Black Tea, Coffee, Coffee Beans, Darjeeling Teas, Assam Teas, Instant Coffee, Leaf Coffee, Leaf Tea, Packaged Tea, Green Tea, CTC Teas,
- Tobacco & Tobacco Products - Beedi, Betel nut Leaves, Betel nut, Bidi Leaves, Chewing Tobacco, Cigarettes, Arecanut, Jarda, Scented Tobacco, Smoking Tobbacco, Snuff, Opium, Pan, Chatni, Pan Masala, Gutkazarda, Zafrani Zarda,
Last Updated on 07th Jully 2011