Top Baby Toy Brands in India

Overall Rating: star ratingstar ratingstar ratingstar ratingstar rating[2/5]Total Votes [ 5 ]  
Rate this page:
The toy industry is India currently stands at Rs 1500 crore. India is the 8th largest toy markets in the world in terms of spending per child. In India an average Indian child spends (250 RS ) on a toy. Presently the Indian toy market is growing at a consistent rate of 10 ' 15% and shows further signs of growth in the next five years. The Indian toy market is divided into the organized and the unorganized sectors. The organized sector accounts for 10% of the total consumption whereas the unorganized sector is responsible for the purchase of the remaining 90%. The leaders in the world toy market are USA followed by UK and China.

Despite the recent economic downturn the Indian toy market has been growing at a consistent rate. This is mostly because of the ever increasing Indian population and rise in the disposable income levels of the middle classes. Even with the influx of a number of computerized gaming solutions the toy market in India is becoming extremely technically advanced.

Most of the top baby toy brands in India have managed to carve a niche for themselves in the Indian toy industry. Considering the influx of hi tech electronic toys accompanied with the electronic gaming gadgets the Indian toy market has become one of the most advanced industries in the subcontinent. Competition in the baby toy market in India remains fierce with a host of different top baby toy brands in India competing for the top slot. However the two major players that constitute almost 60% of the total baby toy market in India are Funskool and Mattel.

List of Top Baby Toy Brands in India

  1. Chicco
  2. Peg-Perego
  3. Leo
  4. Hippo Toys
  5. Hauck Toys
Last Updated on May 8, 2015