Ramesh Chandra Biography
Ramesh Chandra Factsheet
|Place of Birth||Farrukhabad, Uttar Pradesh|
|Educated from||IIT Kharagpur & University of South Hampton|
|Works for||Unitech, Indian Real Estate Company|
|Valued at||$1.0 Billion|
|Position||Founder & Chairman, Unitech Group|
|Married to||Dr. Pushpa Chandra|
|Children||two children- Ajay Chandra and Sanjay Chandra.|
Personal Background of Ramesh ChandraChandra was born to a banker, and spent his childhood and adult years in Farrukhabd, a town in Uttar Pradesh. He studied civil
Ramesh Chandra is married to Dr. Pushpa Chandra, who is a graduate from AIIMS, Delhi. The couples have two sons, Ajay Chandra and Sanjay Chandra.
Ramesh Chandra's Career
- Before his masters degree he had a short stint at the Bridge and Roof Company in Kolkata. Chandra returned to India in 1965 and worked at a government research centre in Roorkee as a pool officer. After gaining a bit experience by working for a few years he decided get into business by starting a Consulting firm. In the seventies he got into construction business.
- Later in the the mid eighties he and his company focused more on real estate and they began buying land in Gurgaon.
- In the nineties the company initiated to work on middle leveled income residential housing projects.
- In 1996 the first commercial office complex was built by Unitech, this was known as Global Business Park.
- After the year 2000 Unitech became quite active in buying more and more land in the NCR region.
- Over the years the company expanded its operations and its presence has been felt in other areas like Kolkata,Bangalore, Kochi, Chennai, Mumbai and Hyderabad.
- Furthur now, Unitech has plans to enter the Telecom Business. Unitech also plans to get into the infrastructure development and hospitality sectors. Through some business news it can be assumed that Unitech is working on a mass housing project.
- Unitech has future plans to invest $720 million in the next 4 years for building 28 hotels and out of many of its partners one is the Marriott International.
- The company will also foray into retail as they have plans to invest Rs. 20000 crore for the development of 48 malls and shopping centers all over India in about next 6 years.
- It has also launched Unihomes which is a new range of low-cost apartments, which boosted the company's sales. Not only its expanding in Delhi, but outside New Delhi as well, notably in Mumbai where it is redeveloping a suburban slum.
- The company's new venture Unitech Wireless, launched mobile phone services under the brand Uninor, in which Norway's Telenor has two-thirds stake.
Awards won by Ramesh ChandraChandra was recognized with the Lifetime Achievers’ Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Real Estate Sector at The Realty Plus Excellence Awards 2011 for North India, instituted by Realty Plus, India’s Leading Real Estate Monthly Magazine.
Unitech Group- Company ProfileUnitech is amongst India's leading business groups, with an outstanding track record in large-scale, integrated, Real-Estate Development and Infrastructure Development in India.
In the real estate space, Unitech offers construction, property development, and management and consultancy services. The focus is on large, mixed-use developments and the company's diverse portfolio includes residential, commercial, special economic zones (SEZs), IT Parks, hospitality, retail and entertainment.
Unitech's land reserves are spread across all major hubs of economic activity in the country. Unitech's portfolio of infrastructure businesses includes general construction, design, manufacturing, erection and commissioning of transmission towers, mainly for the power sector and development of industrial and logistic parks.
The company will also pursue Build Operate Transfer (BOT) opportunities in the highways, housing and power transmission sectors. Be it firms like Som, Callison and HOK in real estate – Unitech has a history of successful partnerships with leading global organizations.
Its blue-chip customer portfolio in real estate includes clients like Fidelity, HSBC, Sun Life, Marriott, Reebok, IBM, RBS, Ernst & Young, Bank of America and LG. Unitech was the first real estate developer to have been certified ISO 9001:2000 in North India.
The Unitech brand is well recognized in India and was conferred with the title of "Superbrand" by Superbrand India in 2009. Unitech has been chosen as a Power Brand 2010-2011 by the Indian Consumer under the Realty category. It is also a recipient of CW Architect and Builders Award, 2008 for being one of India's top 10 builders.
- Vision : To be India’s leading Real Estate company with a Pan-India Footprint, and be the company of first choice amongst our customers to address their needs across all realty verticals.
- Mission : To satisfy every customer’s need for a better experience through quality construction and employee contentment. Unitech has a well-managed architectural and engineering team that has closely partnered and worked with internationally acclaimed architects and many others, to achieve both aesthetic and efficient designs. We are a customer oriented company and we believe in putting in our best foot forward in our journey to the pinnacle.
- Philosophy : A toddler learns his A,B,C’s from a school. He grows up to be a top notch executive working in a cyber park. He buys a house to flaunt his independence. He unwinds in a hotel and catches up with his friends in a clubhouse. He shops in a mall and takes his family to the nearby theme park. And finally, satisfied, he hangs up his shoes in his private villa. A common success story.
Last Updated on June 5, 2015