About BioconEstablished in 1978 , Biocon is India's leading biotechnology enterprise. Biocon today is an integrated biotechnology enterprise focused on the development of bio-pharmaceuticals .
Biocon serves its partners and customers in over 50 countries. Within the biotechnology space, the company ranks first in Asia and sixteenth globally in terms of revenues and market capitalization .
The company is headed by Kiran Mazumdar Shaw who is India's second richest woman. She achieved this status in 2004. In the same year, Biocon became only the second Indian company to cross a market capitalization of one billion USD. Kiran Mazumdar Shaw and her husband John Shaw own over 60% of the company's stock.
The remarkable contributions of Biocon to the world are:
- Biocon is India's first biotechnology company, established in 1978.
- Biocon is the country's first biotechnology company to export microbial enzymes to USA and Europe.
- Biocon is the first biotechnology company to receive ISO 9001 certification in India.
- "Syngene", a Biocon subsidiary, is the country's first biotech custom research company in drug discovery.
- Biocon is the first Indian company to be approved by US FDA for the manufacture of "pplovastatin", a cholesterol-lowering molecule.
- Biocon's subsidiary, Clinigene, has India's first CAP (College of American Pathologists) accredited clinical research laboratory.
- Biocon is the first company to manufacture human insulin using a “Pichia expression system”.
bio- pharmaceutical products of Biocon
- Anti-diabetic Agents
- Anti-Hypertensive Agents
- Anti-Inflammatory Agents
- Cardiovascular Agents
- Digestive Aid Enzymes
- Haemostatic Agents
- Hepatoprotective Agents
Biocon also manufactures enzymes like
Contact Details of BioconHeadquarters
Address: 20th KM Hosur Road
Bangalore 560 100
Phone no.: 91 80 2808 2808
Fax: 91 80 2852 3423
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated on May 21, 2015