Due to the open market and the demand for outsourcing, more and more BPO companies in India are setting up bases in various parts of the country. Most of these companies cater to the global MNCs, banks and so on. The business process outsourcing sector is one of the booming industries in the country and more and more young professionals are joining it to earn good salary.
Market growth of BPO industry in India
According to the recent surveys, the BPO industry provides employment to around 0.7 million people across the country. The yearly revenue amounts to around $11 billion with a share of around 1 % of the annual Gross Domestic Product (GDP). The BPO industry is also a lucrative option for both graduates and freshers as one can get good salary. The growth rate of the wages and salaries in the sector range from 10-15 % every year. In addition, those working in the BPO sector are also entitled to a number of benefits.
Due to the development in infrastructure, more and more foreign BPO companies are setting up bases in India. Apart from these, there are also well known domestic BPO companies which cater to the national as well as the international market. Some of the cities where the business processing industry is popular are Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kolkata, New Delhi, and Mumbai and so on. To cater to the growing demand, more BPO companies are also setting up bases in other cities across the country like Pune, Gurgaon, Coimbatore, Kochi, Chandigarh, Bhubaneshwar, and Lucknow and so on.
Leading BPO companies in India
The BPO companies are judged according to the clients they cater to, their work and the output and also the employee welfare and satisfaction. Based on these, some of the well known BPO companies are:
- Genpact: Established in the year 1997, Genpact conducts a major portion of the outsourcing services in India. It offers outsourcing operations for big companies like GE Capital. Genpact has around 30 branches all across the globe and offers excellent services in the field of accounting and finance, customer service, insurance, analytics, IT infrastructure and so on. The company has staff strength of around 34,000 employees with revenue of around $822.7 million.
- Daksh eServices: Ranking among the fastest growing BPO companies in India, Daksh has employee strength of around 5000. It offers high standard solutions in customer care and back office analytics. Some of the specialized departments include Technical Support, Customer Care, and Transaction Processes. In the year 2004, Daksh was taken over by IBM.
- ICICI OneSource: ICICI OneSource specializes in providing solutions to various sectors such as healthcare, media, publishing, finance, and telecom. Recent surveys have shown that around 4500 people work in the company. The company has also received the BS 7799 certification.
- EXL Services: EXL Services has its offices in Noida and Pune. It employs around 5000 employees and is a well known name among the BPO companies in India. It offers high quality services in mortgage lending, banking, health care, insurance, collections, and analytics. It has been awarded the prestigious ISO 9001:2000 certification for its quality performance.
- HCL-Tech BPO: A subsidiary company of HCL Technologies, HCL-Tech BPO has around 3000 employees and offers cutting edge services in customer care, back office processing and so on. It has four centers in Bangalore, Chennai and Noida.
- NIIT SmartServe
- Hinduja TMT
- Wipro Spectramind