National Thermal Power Corporation Limited ( NTPC ) is the largest Thermal power generating company of India . A public sector company, it was incorporated in the year 1975 to accelerate power development in the country as a wholly owned company of the Government of India.
At present, Government of India holds 89.5% of the total equity shares of the company and the balance 10.5% is held by FIIs, Domestic Banks, Public and others.
NTPC 's main business is engineering, construction and operation of Power generating plants . It also provides consultancy in the area of power plant constructions and power generation to companies in India and abroad. Till date the installed capacity of NTPC is 27,904 MW through its 15 coal based (22,895 MW), 7 gas based (3,955 MW) and 4 Joint Venture Projects (1,054 MW). NTPC acquired 50% equity of the SAIL Power Supply Corporation Ltd. (SPSCL).
NTPC has set new benchmarks for the power industry both in the area of power plant construction and operations. It provides power at the cheapest average tariff in the country.
The Consultancy Wing of NTPC , with an ISO 9001:2000 accreditation, undertakes all the Consultancy and Turnkey project contracts for Domestic and International clients in the different phases of Power plants viz. construction supervision, Project management, FQA, Inspection services, O&M, RLA/R&M of various power utilities.
|Latest Financial Figures||(Figures in Rs. Crores)|
|ET 500 Rank(2011)||11|
|Industry||Power - Generation/Distribution|
|Profit after Tax(PAT)||9353.4|
|MCAP (Market Capitalization)||141314.17|
- Provisional and unaudited Profit after tax for the year 2006-07 is ` 67,264
- million as compared to ` 58,202 million during the year 2005-06, an increase of
- Provisional and unaudited Net Sales of ` 306,387 million during 2006-07 as
- against ` 261,429 million registering an increase of 17.20%. The provisional
- unaudited gross revenue is ` 332,997 million, during 2006-07 as against `
- 287,530 million for the year 2005-06, an increase of 15.81%
- Recognizing its excellent performance and vast potential, Government of the India has identified NTPC as one of the jewels of Public Sector ‘Navratnas’- a potential global giant.
Shri T. Sankaralingam - Chairman and Managing Director
New Delhi - 110003
EPABX BOARD NOS.: 24360100
FAX NO.: 24361018
Last Updated on 1/4/2012