Tata Group of Companies
The Tata Group Companies is one of India's oldest, largest and most respected business empires. The Group's businesses are spread over seven business sectors. It comprises of 96 companies and operates in six continents.
There are some 2,46,000 employees and put together it has a shareholder base of over two million and market capitalization of $57.6 billion.
The main companies under the Tata Group are Tata Motors , Tata Indicom , Tata Steel , Tata Consultancy Services , Tata AIG Insurance , Tata Tea Limited.
Tata Motors Limited is India's largest automobile company, with revenues of ` 32,426 crores (USD 7.2 billion) in 2006-07.
Under this there are three segments which are Tata Teleservices Ltd., Tata Teleservices Maharashtra Ltd., Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd.. These are major companies in the telecom industry.
Tata Tea Limited:
The operations of Tata Tea and its subsidiaries focus on branded product offerings in tea but with a significant presence in plantation activity in India and Sri Lanka.
TCS is one of the world's leading information technology companies. Through its Global Network Delivery Model, Innovation Network, and Solution Accelerators, TCS focuses on helping global organizations address their business challenges effectively.
Established in 1907, Tata Steel is Asia's first and India's largest private sector steel company.
Tata AIG Insurance:
Tata AIG General Insurance Company Ltd. is a joint venture company, between Tata Sons and American International Group, Inc. (AIG).
- Tata Motor Finance (TMF) posts 60% growth in 2005-06; Emerges as one of the leading vehicle financiers of the country.
- TCS reported 2006-07 global revenues of USD 4.3 billion.
- Tata Tea has posted a net profit of ` 3.9 crore (including exceptional items) for the fourth-quarter ended March 31, 2007 compared to ` 19.3 crore in the same quarter previous fiscal.
- Tata Steel has posted a net profit of ` 1103.5 crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2007 as compared to ` 783.1 crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2006.
- Tata Indicom has reported a 25% growth in its total revenue for the quarter ended December 31, 2005 at ` 1075.5 crore against ` 862.2 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
- Tata AIG General Insurance Company Ltd has reported a maiden profit of ` 15.3 crore and a premium income of ` 353 crore for the financial year ended March 31, 2004, the third year of operation of the company.
The Tata Group is headed by Group chairman Ratan Tata.
24, Homi Mody Street
Mumbai 400 001
Phone: +91 (22) 6665 8152
Fax: +91 (22) 6665 8153