Tata Group of Companies
India Company Latest News And Updates
Global IT and telecommunications services provider Orange Business Services has entered into an agreement with Tata Communications to expand its network footprint in India, it was announced on Wednesday. "The Network-to-Network Interconnect (NNI) agreement is part of a strategic partnership between the two companies and will increase Orange domestic coverage 10-fold to over 120 cities to meet customer demand," a statement New Delhi said. The NNI will enable Orange to utilize Tata Communications' 120 points of presence (PoPs), extending Orange Business Services' reach to tier-II and tier-III cities such as Pune, Bhopal and Ernakulam. Source: IANS
App-based transportation aggregator Ola on Wednesday said Tata Sons chairman emeritus Ratan Tata has invested in the company in his personal capacity. "It is our honour to have Ratan Tata onboard as an investor. This is a huge endorsement from one of the most respected business leaders of our times. We look forward to learning from Tata's experience," the company's CEO and founder Bhavish Aggarwal said in a statement. Ola said Tata's "strong inclination towards transportation as a segment" and the philosophy of creating widespread social impact through business creates a strong connection to this investment. Source: IANS
The Tata Group Companies is one of India's oldest, largest and most respected business empires. The Group's businesses are spread over seven business sectors. It comprises of 96 companies and operates in six continents.
There are some 2,46,000 employees and put together it has a shareholder base of over two million and market capitalization of $57.6 billion.
The main companies under the Tata Group are Tata Motors , Tata Indicom , Tata Steel , Tata Consultancy Services , Tata AIG Insurance , Tata Tea Limited.
Tata Motors Limited is India's largest automobile company, with revenues of ` 32,426 crores (USD 7.2 billion) in 2006-07.
Under this there are three segments which are Tata Teleservices Ltd., Tata Teleservices Maharashtra Ltd., Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd.. These are major companies in the telecom industry.
Tata Tea Limited:
The operations of Tata Tea and its subsidiaries focus on branded product offerings in tea but with a significant presence in plantation activity in India and Sri Lanka.
TCS is one of the world's leading information technology companies. Through its Global Network Delivery Model, Innovation Network, and Solution Accelerators, TCS focuses on helping global organizations address their business challenges effectively.
Established in 1907, Tata Steel is Asia's first and India's largest private sector steel company.
Tata AIG Insurance:
Tata AIG General Insurance Company Ltd. is a joint venture company, between Tata Sons and American International Group, Inc. (AIG).
- Tata Motor Finance (TMF) posts 60% growth in 2005-06; Emerges as one of the leading vehicle financiers of the country.
- TCS reported 2006-07 global revenues of USD 4.3 billion.
- Tata Tea has posted a net profit of ` 3.9 crore (including exceptional items) for the fourth-quarter ended March 31, 2007 compared to ` 19.3 crore in the same quarter previous fiscal.
- Tata Steel has posted a net profit of ` 1103.5 crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2007 as compared to ` 783.1 crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2006.
- Tata Indicom has reported a 25% growth in its total revenue for the quarter ended December 31, 2005 at ` 1075.5 crore against ` 862.2 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
- Tata AIG General Insurance Company Ltd has reported a maiden profit of ` 15.3 crore and a premium income of ` 353 crore for the financial year ended March 31, 2004, the third year of operation of the company.
The Tata Group is headed by Group chairman Ratan Tata.
24, Homi Mody Street
Mumbai 400 001
Phone: +91 (22) 6665 8152
Fax: +91 (22) 6665 8153