Videsh Sanchar Nigam

Overall Rating: star ratingstar ratingstar ratingstar ratingstar rating[3/5]Total Votes [ 1 ]  
Rate this page:
Videsh Sanchar Nigam, also known as Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL) is an India-based telecommunication services providing company. The government of India holds 75% equity shares of the Videsh Sanchar Nigam and the remaining 25 % equity shares are held by the Tata Group.

Videsh Sanchar Nigam was incorporated in 1986 under the Indian Companies Act, 1956. Soon after its inception, VSNL took over the control of the Overseas Communication Services (OCS) - the main telecommunication company under the government of India. VSNL has grown by leaps and bounds to become a giant telecommunications company today, offering seamless service to its customers spread across the globe. Videsh Sanchar Nigam registered total income of ` 4254.01 crore for the year ended 31st March, 2007and the company's net profit stood at ` 468.56 crore for the same period. The company is headed by Mr. Subodh Bhargava who is the chairman of the company.

The products offered by Videsh Sanchar Nigam are as follows -
  • International Private Leased Circuit (IPLC) Service
  • National Private Leased Circuit (NPLC)
  • Internet Leased Line Service
  • Bandwidth on Demand
  • Managed Data Network Service
  • Virtual Private Network Service

  • Inmarsat (International Maritime Satellite Organization)
  • Broadcast
  • Data Center Services (IDC)
  • Video Conferencing
  • Corporate Net Telephony
  • ISDN
  • Corporate Dial-up Solution
  • Submarine Telecommunication Cables Access Facilitation
  • Tata Indicom Business Messaging and Collaboration Services
  • Tata Indicom Ethernet WAN Services
  • International Long Distance
  • National Long Distance
  • Calling Cards

Subsidiaries of VSNL are -
  • Teleglobe Bermuda Ltd.
  • VSNL International (Poland)
  • ITXC IP Holdings
  • Teleglobe International Ltd.
  • VSNL International HongKong Ltd.
  • VSNL International Australia Pty. Ltd.
  • VSNL International GBRM Ltd.
  • VSNL International Puerto Rico Inc.
  • Teleglobe Asia Pte. Ltd.
  • Teleglobe Asia Data Transport Pte. Ltd.
  • Teleglobe Global Japan
  • Teleglobe International Luxembourg
  • ITXC Global UK Ltd.
  • ITXC (UK) Ltd.
  • ITXC Global Hong Kong Ltd.
  • TLGB Netherlands Holdings
  • VSNL International (ITXC) Corp.
  • Teleglobe International Luxembourg
  • Teleglobe International Belgium
  • VSNL International (Italy)
  • Teleglobe Netherlands
  • VSNL International (Italy)
  • Teleglobe France International
  • TLGB International Germany GmbH
  • Teleglobe Spain Communications
  • Teleglobe International Belgium
  • Teleglobe Canada
  • VSNL International(Poland)
  • VSNL International (Nordics)
  • VSNL International (Portugal)
  • VSNL International (ITXC) Corp
  • Teleglobe America Inc.
  • VSNL International (Global) Corp.
  • Enhanced Services Inc.
  • Teleglobe America Inc.
  • VSNL International IPCO LLC
Contact details of Videsh Sanchar Nigam are as follows -

Registered Office -
Videsh Sanchar Bhavan
Mahatma Gandhi Road
Mumbai - 400 001

Corporate Office -
Lokmanya Videsh Sanchar Bhawan
Kashinath Dhuru Marg
Mumbai - 400 028

Alphabetical List of Indian Companies

>> More About India Company