The third biggest two-wheeler producer in India, TVS Motor Company proudly features among the top ten international firms. It was the first company in the world to be felicitated with "The Deming Prize" for Total Quality Management and was the foremost in India to release a 2-seater 50cc pined and 100cc Indian Japanese bikes. Currently, the company boasts of its fine line of brands such as TVS Scooty, TVS Fiero, TVS Apache, TVS Centra, etc. that are some of the most sought after bikes in Indian automobile market.
TVS Motor: Company Background
A flagship firm of TVS Group, TVS Motor Company Limited and the group is worth USD 2.2 billion, with yearly yields of over USD 660 million.
At present, the group has around 30 firms and has a workforce of over 45,000 globally. It has a powerful presence in the production of two-wheelers and auto parts, supported by a steady market development and diversification. The company also has thriving businesses in the allocation of heavy commercial vehicles (HCV), assurance, passenger cars and investment.
TVS Motor produces a comprehensive range of two-wheelers, scooties and mopeds. Some of its motorcycles which are popular in Indian market are Sports, TVS Jive, Flame DS 125, StaR City, Flame, Apache RTR 180, etc. Scooty Teenz, Scooty Streak, Scooty Pep+, TVS Wego, etc are some of its chic scooty brands while TVS XL Heavy Duty and TVS XL Super fall under the category of Mopeds.
The firm has 4 major plants situated in Mysore, Himachal Pradesh, Hosur and Indonesia. The total production competence of the plants is of 2.5 million units per year. TVS has always been associated with its ground-breaking engineering, convenient, eco-friendly brands, supported by consistent client service.
TVS Motor Company - Product Portfolio
Some of the TVS Motor Company products are listed as below:
With 150 cc thrust the bike produces breathtaking output of 13.5 bhp that converts it into an implausible machine. The bike has been felicitated with innumerable awards since its instigation.
The vivacious body design, environment friendliness, minimal resistance microprocessor regulated by VTi engine are some of the Unique Selling Points of TVS Centra.
TVS Fiero FX
The bike comes with a range of eye-catching attributes that entail headlamps, circular mirrors, speedometer, twin pod tool, trip tachometer, etc.
TVS Apache RTR FI 160
Equipped with 2 trip meters, odometer, analog tachometer, watch, fuel gauge, TVS Apache RTR FI 160 is India's foremost Roto Petal bike with compact disk Brakes on front and rear tyres.
Flame comprises breathtaking features such as LCD digital speedometer, tank entrenched delta-edge traffic indicators, two lens tail-lamp and an exhaust.
TVS Jive comes packed with characteristics like hands free cog movement, anti-stall device, stimulating pick-up that gives the scooty an exclusive attribute of any cog start and stop.
TVS Company Motor Plants
TVS Motor Company - Achievements
Since its initiation till date, India motor company has witnessed equal amount of success and failures. Some of the major achievements of the company are:
- In the year 1980, TVS Motor Company released its first 50cc Moped TVS 50 in the month of August. It was a two seater with advanced technical specifications.
- In the year 1984, it became the first Indian firm to launch 100cc Indian Japanese bikes in the month of September.
- In the year 1994, the firm introduced its foremost home-grown Scooterette, a junior cc variomatic scooter range called TVS Scooty in the month of June.
- In the year 1996, the company launched its first catalytic adapter installed motorcycle, the 110cc Shogun in the month of December.
- In the year 1997, it introduced Shaolin, the 5-speed bike, for the first time in India, in the month of October.
- In the year 2000, it introduced the foremost 150 cc TVS Fiero, a 4 pat bike in the month of April.
- In the year 2001, the firm instigated a 110 cc 4 stroke bike, domestically devised and manufactured, named TVS Victor, in the month of August.
- In the year 2004, TVS Centra and TVS Star were launched by the company in the month of January and September respectively. TVS Centra is a 100cc 4 pad bike with VT-i Engines offering world class mileage, while TVS Star is a 100cc bike suitable for coarse terrain.
TVS Motor Company
Jayalakshmi Estates V Floor
8, Haddows Road, Chennai - 600006
Tel.: + (91)-(44)-28272233
Fax: + (91)-(44)-28257121
Last updated on 23 june 2011
For more information contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer : All efforts have been made to make this image accurate. However Compare Infobase Limited and its directors do not own any responsibility for the correctness or authenticity of the same.