Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited

  Overall Rating: star ratingstar ratingstar ratingstar ratingstar rating[0/5]Total Votes [  ]  
  Rate this page:
Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited popularly known as VSNL is an India-based telecommunication service providing company. VSNL operates under the guardianship of the Ministry of Communication, Government of India and Department of Telecommunication, Government of India.

Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited operates according to the telecommunication policy laid as per the Indian Telecommunication Acts and Rules. The Government of India holds 75 % of equity shares of the Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited and the remaining 25 % equity shares are with Tata Teleservices Ltd - the legendary industry conglomerate the 'Tata Group '. Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited was incorporated in 1986 under the Indian Companies Act, 1956. Soon after its inception, VSNL took over the control of the 'Overseas Communication Services' (OCS) the main Government of India telecommunication company.

This gigantic telecommunication company of India has grown in leaps and bounds and it offers seamless service to its customers spread around the globe. This Indian telecommunication company is one of the market leaders in the Indian telecommunication industry and enjoys market dominance in the area of basic telephony, rural telephony and Internet connection. Further, it has gain tremendous popularity due to its competitive pricing of tariffs. The company is also into the business of cellular phone connection business and offers code directory multiple access (CDMA) connections for its mobile subscribers. Further, the company is planning to launch GSM mobile connections for its mobile subscribers. Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited registered Total Income of ` 4254.01 crore for the financial year ended 31st March 2006 - 2007and the company's Net Profit stands at ` 468.56 crore over the same period. Mr Subodh Bhargava, Chairman of the company, heads this leading telecommunication company.

The products and services offered by Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited are as follows -

  • International Private Leased Circuit (IPLC) Service
  • National Private Leased Circuit (NPLC)
  • Internet Leased Line Service
  • Bandwidth on Demand
  • Managed Data Network Service
  • Virtual Private Network Service
  • Inmarsat (International Maritime Satellite Organization)
  • Broadcast
  • Data Center Services (IDC)
  • Video Conferencing
  • Corporate Net Telephony
  • ISDN
  • Corporate Dial-up Solution
  • Submarine Telecommunication Cables Access Facilitation
  • Tata Indicom Business Messaging and Collaboration Services
  • Tata Indicom Ethernet WAN Services
  • International Long Distance
  • National Long Distance
  • Calling Cards
The international subsidiaries of Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited are as follows -

  • VSNL International Australia Pty. Ltd
  • VSNL International GBRM Ltd
  • VSNL International Puerto Rico Inc
  • Teleglobe Asia Pte. Ltd
  • Teleglobe Asia Data Transport Pte. Ltd
  • Teleglobe Global Japan
  • Teleglobe Bermuda Ltd
  • ITXC IP Holdings
  • Teleglobe International Ltd
  • Teleglobe International Belgium
  • Teleglobe America Inc
  • VSNL International (Global) Corp.
  • Enhanced Services Inc
  • VSNL International IPCO LLC
  • Teleglobe Netherlands
  • VSNL International (Italy)
  • Teleglobe France International
  • TLGB International Germany GmbH
  • VSNL International HongKong Ltd
  • Teleglobe International Luxembourg
  • ITXC Global UK Ltd.
  • ITXC (UK) Ltd.
  • ITXC Global Hong Kong Ltd.
  • TLGB Netherlands Holdings
  • VSNL International (ITXC) Corp.
  • Teleglobe Spain Communications
  • Teleglobe Canada
  • VSNL International (Poland)
  • VSNL International (Nordics)
  • VSNL International (Portugal)
  • VSNL International (ITXC) Corp
Contact details of Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited are as follows -

Registered Office -
Videsh Sanchar Bhavan
Mahatma Gandhi Road
Mumbai - 400 001
Maharashtra
India

Corporate Office -
Lokmanya Videsh Sanchar Bhawan
Kashinath Dhuru Marg
Prabhadevi,
Mumbai - 400 028
Maharashtra
India
Website: www.vsnl.in

Last updated on 05thMay 2011