Bharat Earth Movers

Overall Rating: star ratingstar ratingstar ratingstar ratingstar rating[0/5]Total Votes [  ]  
Rate this page:
Bharat Earth Movers Limited or BEML is an Indian Company that manufactures earth movers and other heavy equipments for mining, transportation etc. Bharat Earth Movers is the second largest manufacturer of earth moving equipment in Asia and controls more than 60% of India's market in this sector.
The company was fully owned and operated by the Ministry of Defence, Government of India till 1992, when 25% of its holding was divested by the Government. Currently the Government owns 54% equity and the rest 46% is held by public, banks and employees, financial institutions and foreign institutional investors.

BEML is a multi-technology company that produces high quality products for varied sectors of the economy such as steel, coal, irrigation, aviation, road construction, metro and railways, limestone, construction, mining and power. Construction World – NICMAR ranked BEML as ‘The Largest and Most Profitable Construction Equipment Company’ in the year 2007. The company has emerged as a front runner in the sectors of heavy engineering industry that boasts of a track record of growth and revenue for more than four decade. Other awards pocketed by BEML include ‘Golden Peacock Innovation Management Award’ and they have also been declared as ‘The Fourth Largest Wealth Creator in the Country’ by Dalal Street Magazine.

BEML Business Units

The company has six business units comprising of mining & construction, rail & metro, defense, trading division, technology division and international business division. For mining and construction the company offers a comprehensive and diverse range of machinery required for every aspect. Some of the products manufactured for this include Wheel Dozers, Motor Graders, Tyre Handlers, Bulldozers, Dump Trucks, Water Sprinklers, Pipe Layers, Backhoe and Wheel Loaders. The company has a joint venture with Midwest Granite Limited and Pt. Sumber Mitra Jaya, Indonesia to take up contract mining in the country and abroad.

BHEL has entered the field of rail and metro recently and is expanding its infrastructure to meet the bigger demands that are arising due to the upcoming projects in the country. Some of the equipments supplied by BEML in this sector include Track Laying Equipment, Broad-Gauge Railbus, AC/DC Electric Multiple Units, Postal Vans, Overhead Electric Inspection Cars, Treasury Vans, Spoil Disposal Units, Utility Track Vehicles, D-EMUs and others.

The trading division Of BHEL which became operational in the year 2006 was set up for dealing with company products and commodities both domestic and international. Awarded the status of Two Star export House, this division handles all national and international buying and selling activities of the company.

BEML Trading Division contact details:

Trading Division
BEML Limited,
5th Floor, Unity Buildings,
JC Road, Bangalore - 560 002
Karnataka, India.
Ph: +91 80 22963522
Fax: +91 80 22963523
Email: [email protected]

The technology division of Bharat Earth Movers is a CEMILAC and ISO 9001-2000 certified. They offer engineering solutions and services in the fields of Aerospace, Mining, Rail & Metro, Auto and Defence technologies. BEML India has an international presence in more than 50 countries. The company has overseas offices in China, Brazil, Indonesia and Malaysia.

BEML Landmarks 2008-09

Bharat Earth Movers had a sales turnover of Rs 3,013 crore and a pre-tax profit of Rs 387 crore during the financial year 2008-09. The export earnings during this period were Rs 304 crore. The company laid the foundation of Green Field Project for the manufacture of components and equipments for defence and railways. An Aero Space Manufacturing Division for the manufacture and supply of ground handling equipment, tooling and components for Aerospace application was also set up. The primary manufacturing units are located at Bangalore, Kolar Gold Fields and Mysore. All the three manufacturing units are ISO 9001-2000 certified.

BEML Products

Mining and Construction
  • Crawler Dozers
  • Wheel Dozers
  • Loaders
  • Dump Trucks
  • Walking Dragline
  • Sprinklers
  • Rope Shovel

Rail & Metro

  • Passenger Coaches
  • Stainless Steel Metro Cars
  • DC Electric Multiple Units
  • Spoil Disposal Units
  • Track Laying Equipments
  • Sky Bus
  • BS42 Snow cutter
  • Armored Recover Vehicle WZT – 3
  • Aircraft Towing Tractor
  • BEML - TATRA T815 VVNC 8x8 Vehicles
  • BEML - TATRA T815 VVL 8x 8 Vehicles
  • BEML - TATRA T815 VTI 8x8 – Tank Transporter
  • Truck Mounted Crane
  • Pavement Laying Truck
  • Dolly
  • Diesel Engine
  • Diesel Generator Set

BEML Corporate Address

BEML Limited,
23/1, 4th Main,
SR Nagar,
Bangalore-560 027
Karnataka, India.
Ph: +91 80 22963142
Email: [email protected]

Alphabetical List of Indian Companies

Last Updated on 06/02/2011

>> More About India Company