ABG Shipyard Ltd.
About ABG Shipyard Ltd.ABG Shipyard Ltd. was established in the year 1985. At the time of its inception, the name of the company was Magdalla Shipyard Pvt. Ltd. Currently, the company serves as the flagship brand of the ABG Group and the principal line of business of the company is shipbuilding and ship repair.
ABG Shipyard Ltd. ranks among the biggest shipbuilders in India.
The Board of Directors of the company is made of nine directors. Among them two are promoter directors, two are whole time directors, three independent directors, and two investor directors. A non executive director serves as the chairman of the BOD. At present, Rishi Agarwal is the chairman of the company.
Infrastructure of ABG Shipyard Limited
- There are 2 jetties and each of them measures 32.36 x 9.0 m.
- No. 1 Dolphin jetty measures 19.02 x 9 m and it is under construction.
- Shipyard area:
- About 140, 000 m2 or 35 acres.
- Administrative Building:
The office premises of ABG Shipyard are made up of three stories with state of the art facilities with owner’s offices and separate areas for surveyors. All divisions are placed in the administrative office premises.
|Latest Financial Figures||(Figures in Rs. Crores)|
|ET 500 Rank(2011)||303|
|Industry||Ship - Docks/Breaking/Repairs|
|Profit after Tax(PAT)||193.99|
|MCAP (Market Capitalization)||2046.76|
- Open: 4000 m2.
- Covered: 700 m2.
- Bonded: 2000 m2 (Assisted by 30 T Goliath Crane).
Covered Fabrication Shops:
- Currently, there are four covered bays in the shipyard location.
- 1st Bay is made up of 15 MT EOT & 10 MT EOT, 150 x 30M, Cold Frame Bending, CNC Cutting, Rolling machines, and Press.
- 4th Bay and 2nd Bay comprise of 150 x 30M with 10 – 15 MT EOT for block fabrication.
- 3rd Bay is made up of 10 MT EOT 150 x 12M for steel manufacturing/ aluminum manufacturing.
- 30 x 25 m open for blasting of profiles and plates.
- 30 x 24 m covered for blasting of fabricated units. Shop is fitted with Exhaust Trunking/Mechanical Ventilation and Fans.
Special Workshop Facilities For Aluminum Fabrication
- Uni – Mig. Welding MACHINERY Type 330S
- 50 T Forming Squeezer.
- T.C Tipped Miller Machine
- Jigsaw Cutting MACHINERY
- Band Saw, Reciprocating Saw, and Circular Saw
- Trimming Machine
- Sawing machine cum Bench Grinder
Facilities of ABG Shipyard Ltd.
- Lifting Equipment:
- 2 T Hydraulic Palet Platform
- 10T - 200 T Capacity Hydraulic Jacks
- Painting and Maintenance:
- Complete Painting and Surface Preservation Services
- Sandblasting, Waterjet Blasting, and Nead Blasting
EquipmentsWet Blasting Machine:
- DEN SIN Water Blasters, 550 Bar and each of them has a capacity of blasting 150 m2/hour.
Plumbing & Machine Shop contains:
- Pipe bending machinery
- 112 x 15 m, fitted with Machine and Plumbing Tools.
- Lathe machinery (450 Dia x 12 Feet)
- Heavy duty horizontal lathe (3000 dia x 3000 m)
- Power hacksaw
- Lathe machinery (200 Dia x 1.70 m)
- Vertical boring machinery (4 meter)
- Pedestal grinding machinery 200 Dia
- Radial drilling machinery (80 mm)
Material handling equipments includes:
- Tata P & H Make with capacity of 60 Tonnes
- NCK Rapier with capacity of 150 Tonnes
- PPM with capacity of 80 tonnes
- HM Make with capacity of 50 tonnes
- Goliath Crane Span of appropriate capacities
- Tata P & H Make, with capacity of 20 Tonnes
- EOT with capacities of 10 Tonnes, 15 Tonnes, and 20 Tonnes
Capabilities of the Shipyard
- 3 Construction Bays currently accessible with 12 Skids in every bay. As a result, 36 skids are there for building of 10 x 10 meters blocks.
- 14 nominated berths are there for hull berth distribution for an average blend of ships that are 45 to 120 meters long.
- 2 jetties can contain ships for the phase between commencing and supply.
- It is possible to manufacture 23 ships under various phases in the shipyard at a particular period.
Corporate highlights of the company
- It is the first shipyard to export ships to Norway.
- It is the largest shipbuilding facility in India in the private sector.
- It is the first to manufacture pollution control vessels, diesel electric dynamic ships, and all aluminum jet propelled crafts.
- It is the first to manufacture highly sophisticated ships like bulk cement carrier and fifth generation newsprint carriers.
- The company at present has an order book position of more than Rs. 12,500 crores.
- It received Highest Exporter awards from Engineering Export Promotion Council (EEPC) for the last two years.
- Strong client base: LYS-Line (Norway), Sea Tankers (John Fredriksen Group – biggest tanker operator in the world), and Lamnalco, (Sharjah).
Products and services of ABG Shipyard LtdTill date, the company has manufactured and supplied 95 ships all over the world. Given below are some of the products and services of the company:
- 83.5M DP2 Diesel Electric Propulsion Diving Support Vessel
- 102M Side Loader / Newsprint / Container Ship
- 47M 80 ton Bollard Pull MPV
- 26 Meter High Speed Aluminum Interceptor Vessel
- 56 M Well Test / DP2 Supply Vessel
- 60.8M DP1 (Dynamic Positioning) Diving Support Vessel
- 50 T Azimuthing Stern Drive Bollard Pull Tug
- 50 M Well Test / Supply Vessel
- 49.5M Multiutility Vessel
- 60.8 M. Anchor Handling Tug / Supply Vessel
- 80M 2500 DWT Self Loading / Unloading Bulk Cement Carrier
- 77.9M 2250 DWT Mini Bulk Carrier
- 4000 DWT Self Loading/Unloading Bulk Cement Carrier
Economic Growth of ABG Shipyard LimitedAs furnished by the unaudited financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2011, the company has made a commendable performance in terms of income and profit. Given below are the major figures for the quarter ended September 30, 2011:
- Total income: Rs. 581.61 crores
- Profit Before Tax: Rs. 71.62 crores
- Profit from ordinary activities, after taxation: Rs.48.38 crores
- Net profit: Rs.48.38 crores
Clients of ABG Shipyard Ltd.
Given below are the names of the prominent clients of the company:
- Halul Offshore Co – Qatar, Doha
- Consolidated Contractors International S.A.L., Abu Dhabi,
- Maridive & Oil Services – Egypt
- Lamnalco Group - Sharjah (UAE)
- Sea Tankers of John Fredriksen Group – Norway
- Zamil Offshore & Maintenance Co – Saudi Arabia
- Vroon B.V. - Holland
- Wijsmuller (An A.P. Moller Division) - Holland
- Lys-Line AS – Norway
- Indian Coast Guard
- L&T Hoctief (Division of Larsen & Toubro)
- Ambuja Cement International (Division of Gujarat Ambuja Group)
- Vikram Ispat (Division of A.V. Birla Group)
Address of Head Office and Corporate OfficeThe contact details of the head office and shipyard of ABG Shipyard Ltd. are as follows:
- Corporate Office:
- Abg Shipyard Ltd.
5th Floor, Bhupati Chambers
13, Mathew Road
Mumbai – 400 004.
Tel: +91 22 66563000
Fax: +91 22 23649236
- Abg Shipyard Ltd.
- Registered Office & Factory (Shipyard):
- ABG Shipyard Ltd.
Near Magdala Port
Surat, Gujarat - 395 007
Tel: (0261) 2725191
Fax: (0261) 2726481
- ABG Shipyard Ltd.
Last Updated on 1/4/2012
|>> More About India Company|