Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd.
India Company Latest News And Updates
Birla Corporation Limited (BCL), the flagship company of the M.P. Birla Group, on Thursday said it is awaiting mining clearances to the Assam Mineral Development Corporation (AMDC) to set up a joint venture in the state. "The joint venture between BCL and AMDC is yet to be formed. We are waiting for limestone mining block allocation to AMDC before forming it," the company's managing director, B.R. Nahar, told media persons here on the sidelines of the company's Annual General Meeting. BCL signed the agreement in 2011 with AMDC where the former will hold 12.5 percent stake while the M.P. Birla group company will have the rest of the stake. The cement maker has plans to set up one million tonnes capacity plant in Umrangso in Dima Hasao district in Assam. The expected investment will be Rs.600 crore. Source: IANS
In the “Digital India Week” programme launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday, India Inc. committed an investment of Rs.450,000 crore (some $75 billion) for the initiative that seeks to empower citizens by deploying IT and associated tools. The industry leaders who promised investments were: Reliance Group's Anil Ambani -- Rs.10,000 crore, Reliance Industries' Mukesh Ambani -- Rs.250,000 crore, Aditya Vikram Birla Group's Kumarmangalam Birla - Rs.420 billion ($7 bn) in the next five years of which they will invest Rs.120 billion ($2 bn) in Digital India areas, Bharti Group's Sunil Mittal - Rs.1 lakh crore ($16 billion), Vedanta's Anil Agarwal - Rs.40,000 crore, Delta Electronics' Ping Cheng - Rs.30 billion ($500 million) and Nidec Corporation's Mikio Katayama - Rs.60 billion ($1 billion). Source: IANS
About Aditya Birla Nuvo LtdThis company, apart from being a part of the well known Aditya Birla Group, is a diversified conglomerate as well as the platform famous for launching several new businesses in the country of India. This brand has got a portfolio of both service sectors and manufacturing.
Backed by revenue, profit streams and more than 50, 000 employees, Aditya Birla Nuvo occupy a significant position in the market. This company first introduced Six Sigma principles in the agricultural business. Through its subsidiaries, this company has got global footprints in places like Canada, Europe, Philippines and the United States of America (U. S. A.). Some of the subsidiary companies of Nuvo are mentioned below. The company has even got joint ventures with some of these following companies:
- Aditya Birla Minacs Worldwide Ltd.: In terms of revenue, this is among India’s top ten Business Process Outsourcing players.
- Birla Sun Life Asset Management: Among the nation’s best five companies dealing with asset management.
- Birla Sun Life Insurance: One of the five best life insurance companies of the country.
- Idea Cellular Ltd.: Considered to be among the five best cellular operators of the Republic of India.
|Latest Financial Figures||(Figures in Rs. Crores)|
|ET 500 Rank(2011)||45|
|Industry||Textiles - Manmade Fibre - Rayon|
|Profit after Tax(PAT)||752.42|
|MCAP (Market Capitalization)||10064.36|
- India’s biggest company of top branded apparels.
- Indian Republic’s largest producer of linen fabric.
- Largest and 4th biggest manufacturer of insulators in India and world respectively.
- 2nd largest producer in the country in terms of viscose filament yarn production.
- The nation’s 2nd largest manufacturer of carbon black.
- One of the fertilizer plants featured with energy efficiency.
Products and Services of Aditya Birla Nuvo LtdThe different products and services offered by the Aditya Birla Nuvo can be categorized into the following major heads:
- Agri-business: The brand Indo Gulf is the manufacturer of varied agri-input products as well as fertilizers.
- Apparel: Nuvo dominates the lifestyle market of the country with its premium apparel brands like Allen Solly, Louis Philippe, Peter England and Van Heusen.
- Carbon Black: Apart from catering the tyre market of the nation, this company even serves the non-tyre sector with conveyor belting, paints, plastics, printing inks etc. Mouldex 56 and Jet Carb 300 are two of their most famous printing inks.
- Financial Services: Along with a number of private life insurance companies, Nuvo offers financial advisory services to the residents of India.
- Insulators: The high-performance insulators manufactured by this company serve the Indian as well as global power industry. Their insulators range from pin insulators to long rod ones.
- I. T. and B. P. O. Services: Aditya Birla Minacs mainly serves the I. T. solutions as well as the business services.
- Telecom: Besides being a cellular operator, Idea has even introduced some of the value-added services like voice chat, Idea T. V., instant messenger etc.
- Textiles: Jaya Shree Textiles, one of the leaders in the worsted yarn and domestic linen sector, has brought in a revolution in the textile market of the nation. Some of the reputed global quality fabric brands of this company are Linen Club Fabrics and Nuvolana.
- Viscose Filament Yarn: Ray One , the renowned brand of this company manufactures various kinds of yarns like dull yarn, silky silk, micro yarn, engineered yarns, flat yarns, twisted yarns, interlining yarn and many more.
Current Performance Status of Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd.According to the performance update of the company post completion of half yearly quarter on 30th September, 2011, Aditya Birla Nuvo’s revenue rose from INR. 8, 390 Crore to INR. 10, 109 Crore with a registered growth of 20 %. The consolidated profit of this company has shown a growth of 84 % with the net profit rising from INR. 254 Crore to INR. 467 Crore.
Head Office Address of Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd
Based in the city of Mumbai, the corporate office of this company can be contacted at the following contact details:
- Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd.
Corporate Finance Division
4th Floor, 'A' Wing, Aditya Birla Centre
S. K. Ahire Marg, Worli, Mumbai - 400 030
Tel.: + 91–022-66525000/24995000
|>> More About India Company|