Bank of Baroda
Heritage & Ethics of Bank of Baroda:
The Bank of Baroda was started on 20th July 1908 under the Companies Act of 1887. The initial capital invested was ` 10 Lakhs. The Maharaja was none other than Sayajirao Gaekwad who, with his visionary insight, planned the beginning of a reputed journey which over the years, came to be known as the Bank of Baroda.
It is interesting to note that during the period of 1913 to 1917; almost 87 banks in India succumbed to a financial crisis. However, the Bank of Baroda survived the economic depression by dint of its financial integrity, business prudence and concern uncompromising concern about its customers and clients. This has transcended down to the present ages and has become the motto of the bank.
By December 1996, Bank of Baroda penetrated the equity market by successfully implementing the ‘Follow on Public Offer’ of around 71 million equity shares in January 2006. In the present scenario, Bank of Baroda's public shareholding is as high as 46.19 percent with a total equity capital of 365.53 crore. This is held by Retail Investors, Banks and Financial Institutions, Employees, FIIs and OCBs, Mutual Funds, Insurance Companies and Others.
Key Financial Indicators-Profitability Ratios of Bank of Baroda
|Cost Income Ratio||46.24%||55.43%||51.30%||50.89%||45.38%|
|Net profit / AWF||0.72%||0.78%||0.82%||0.93%||1.15%|
|Return on Assets||0.71%||0.73%||0.72%||0.80%||0.98%|
|Yield on Advances||7.18%||7.43%||8.37%||9.53%||9.50%|
Products & Services of BOB
Given below is the list of services offered by the Bank of Baroda:-
- Retail Banking
- Rural/Agri Banking
- Wholesale Banking
- SME Banking
- Wealth Management
- Product Enquiry
- Internet Banking
- NRI Remittances
- Baroda e-Trading
- Interest Rates
- Deposit Products
- Loan Products
- ATM / Debit Cards
- Change of address or names of Shareholders
- Transmission of shares
- De-materializing Shares
- Investors Services Department
- Registrars & Share Transfer Agent
- Bonds related to Transfer
- Lodgment of Shares
- Duplicate Share Certificate
- Duplicate Dividend Warrants
- Means of communication
- Investor Grievance Committee
- Electronic Clearing Services or ECS
- Stock Market Data
- Credit Cards & Debit Cards
- Wholesale Banking
- NRI Services
- FGN Currency Credits (Foreign Currency Credits)
- ECB (External Communication Borrowings)
- FCNR (B) Loans
- Offshore Banking
- Finance in Export and Import
- Correspondent Banking Facility
- International Treasury
Bank of Baroda Rural Services:-
- Priority Sector Advances
Priority Sector Advances
- Small Scale Industries
- Small Business
- Retail Loans
- Schemes sponsored by the GOI (Government of India)
- Baroda General Credit Card Scheme (BGCC)
- Agriculture related Loans
Bank of Baroda Home Loan
Bank of Baroda home loan is one of the most well known products of the bank. It comes in various forms and is tailor made as per the requirements of the different customers.
About Home Loans
Bank of Baroda home loans are a prestigious part of the Bank of Baroda. The bank was established in the year 1908. It has its headquarters in Mumbai. The Bank of Baroda offers various types of loans and the home loans are an important part of the package.
The need for new houses, flats, apartments, house construction, repairing an existing house requires financial support. Bank of Baroda home loans is one of the best financial support all such people who are looking for houses or trying to repair existing houses can avail.
Types of Home Loans
Baroda Housing Loan
Bank of Baroda provides easy Home Loan, which is also tailor- made to the fit the requirement of different customers. The repayment period is up to 25 years with the option of floating or fixed rate of interest.
Baroda Housing Loan is available for -
- Construction of house.
- Purchase of old or new dwelling unit
- Repaying a loan borrowed from other housing finance company or commercial bank.
- Purchase of plot of land for construction of a house.
Bank of Baroda offers innovative home loan solutions to the Non Resident Indians (NRI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO).
- It is a home loan, which is custom made for the Non Resident Indians (NRI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO).
- Free insurance pertaining to personal accident and property.
- No pre payment or foreclosure charges for part as well as full prepayment.
- Option of Flexi Rate plan, which evades the interest rate risk by breaking the loan into two separate accounts.
Baroda Home Improvement Loan and Advantages
This is a loan pertaining to the extension of home, repairs, improvement, renovations, extension of home and for furniture, fittings and fixtures
- Loans are available for renovation, repairs, extension of the existing house, improvements.
- Loans are available for purchase of fixtures, furniture, home appliances, furnishing, and other gadgets.
Bank of Baroda Credit Cards
Bank of Baroda credit card also known as Bobcards Ltd is a 100% subsidiary of the reputed Indian Bank, Bank of Baroda. Bank of Baroda credit card or Bobcards Ltd. is a credit card company and it offers wide varieties of credit card to its customers, perfectly tailor made to suit the needs of the Indian customers. Bank of Baroda credit card is being headed by Dr. Anil K. Khandelwal, Chairman and CMD, Bank of Baroda and Mr. B.B.Garg, Managing Director of the company.
Types of credit cards offered by BOB
- Nextgen Bobcard Gold - a special type of credit cards for students.
- Bobcard Gold - Are affiliated to both Visa & Mastercard International and are accepted globally in over 29 million locations and 800,000 ATMs the world over.
- Bobcard Exclusive Woman - this card is tailor made to meet the needs of today's woman. This card can be accessed in more than 29 million locations and more than 800,000 ATMs the world over.
- Bobcard Exclusive Youth - this card is tailor made to meet the needs of today's Indian youth. This card can be accessed in more than 29 million locations and more than 800,000 ATMs the world over.
- Bobcard Silver - this card has affiliation of Visa international and is accepted the world over.
- Bobcard Corporate Global - Affiliated to Visa International, this card can be accessed throughout the world in more than 30 million counters and in more than 8,00,000 Visa ATM's the world over.
Bank of Baroda stock
The Bank of Baroda stock can be considered as a good investment option. With the economy performing well and the rapid growth of the banking and financial services, large banks would come up with various long - term prospects. The Bank of Baroda has been performing very well from the year 2005. This progress is been reflected in its stocks which is also performing well in the stock market. Prior to this Bank of Baroda, has been under performing as many other public sector banks. It was worst hit when the interest rates rose in the 2004. The main factor for the losses was large investments in government securities.
Bank of Baroda Stock Performance
In the year 2005, the Bank of Baroda stock prices was increased by nearly 49 %, within a span of 12 months. The enhanced performance of the bank and the stability of the interest rates have triggered the growth of the Bank of Baroda stock. The expected growth of the stocks of Bank of Baroda was 25%. The profit of the bank of Baroda was expected to be large in the year 2006 - 2007, following the trend of rapid growth of the banking sector. On March 3rd, 2008, the Bank of Baroda stock closed at ` 365.75.
Bank of Baroda Address and Contact Number
Suraj Plaza 1, Sayaji Ganj,
Ph: (0265) 2361852
Fax: (0265) 2362395, 2361824, 2361806.
Bank of Baroda
Baroda Corporate Centre,
Plot No. C-26, Block G,
Bandra Kurla Complex,
Ph: (022) 6698 5000-04.
Last Updated on 4/20/2015