About Karnataka Bank
The head office of Karnataka Bank Limited is located in the town of Mangalore in Karnataka, India. This is a premier private sector bank with a tailor-made range of products and services to cater to diverse types of markets, trades and personal and corporate needs of the customers. To ensure an easy and smooth banking experience for customers, it offers excellent deposits and borrowing facilities. It extends useful help in the area of overseas transactions as well as provides maximum returns on surplus funds.
Background of Karnataka Bank
Karnataka Bank Limited was assigned the status of a Scheduled Commercial Bank in 1924. Having matured for more than 85 years in the banking industry of India, the bank has won the confidence of its customers, which in turn has helped it develop a network of 458 branches in 20 states and 2 Union Territories of India.
Today, the bank has an employee strength of more than 4,900. It has 3.7 million customers across India and 71,822 shareholders.
Products and Services of Karnataka Bank
The well devised range of products and services of the Karnataka Bank include:
- Savings Bank Accounts
- Current Accounts
- Moneyplant ATMs
- Deposit Products
- Vidyanidhi Education loan scheme
- Car finance scheme
- Apna Ghar home loans
- Varthak loans
- Scheme for salaried persons
- Easy ride
- Udyog mithra
- Krishi card
- Niveshan loans
- VISA Debit Card
- Working Capital Finance
- Term Loans
- Infrastructure Finance
- Fund based and non-fund based Business Finance Products
- Life insurance products of MetLife India Insurance Co. Pvt. Ltd.
- General Insurance products of Universal Sompo General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Retail Customers - balance enquiry, recording stop-payment instructions, balance transfer instructions, requests for Cheque books, account opening, payment of BSNL Mobile, Water bills, Electricity.
- Corporate Clients -
Import/ Export Credit facilities, Inland Trade, Requests for Forward Contracts, corporate account, Bank Guarantee
- Cyberkids (special facility for 12-18 years old kids)
- Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS)
- Western Union Money Transfer (WUMT)
- NEFT-Customers Facilitation Centres
- Forex Facilities for Residents (Individuals) and Non Resident Indians (NRIs)
Karnataka Bank Loans
Karnataka Bank loans are available to all bank customers. The bank offers its customers a bouquet of loans that cater to all economic segments. Every loan scheme is tailored to the need of the applicant.
Karnataka Bank loans are of the following types:
- Apna Ghar Home Loans: This Karnataka Bank home loan is given for persons who wish to construct a house or buy a flat. Maximum loan amount is ` 50,00,000 per borrower. A low rate of interest adds to the attraction of the Apna Ghar Home Loan.
- Varthak Loans: This loan is granted for the financing of working capital. This type of loan is ideal for distributors, stockists, commission agents, and traders.
- Loans for Salaried Persons: Employed persons may take the loan for purchasing consumer durables and other essentials for personal home use.
- Niveshan Loan: This loan is given for purchasing a new house. Loan amount is, however, restricted to ` 15 lakhs.
- K-Power: Loans given through ATMs. Maximum loan amount is ` 15,000.
- Vidyanidhi Education Loan Scheme: This Karnataka Bank education loan can be taken for financing studies both within India and outside the country. Money for hostel boarding and air travel fees are given.
- Car Finance Scheme: Karnataka Bank car loans are granted for all types and price range of vehicles. A maximum of 80% of the car price can be given as loan.
- Easy Ride: This loan is for purchase of two-wheelers. It is granted to professionals, individuals, and companies.
- Udyog Mithra: This loan is ideal for professionals who wish to expand their professional capacities. The loan money can be utilized to purchase computers and furniture.
Corporate Office Address of Karnataka Bank
Karnataka Bank Limited,
Mahaveera Circle, Kankanady,
Customer Care Number:
1800 425 1444
Karnataka Bank Informational Data
|Name of Bank||Karnataka Bank|
|No. of Offices||452|
|No. of Employees||4947|
|Business per Employee (in ` Lakh)||649.00|
|Profit per Employee (in ` Lakh)||5.00|
|Interest Income (in ` Crore)||1917|
|Other Income (in ` Crore)||353|
|Interest Expended (in ` Crore)||1444|
|Operating Expenses (in ` Crore)||347|
|Return on Assets||1.25|
|Net NPA Ratio||0.98|
Last Updated on May 2, 2015