History of Punjab and Sind Bank
It was in the year 1908 that the idea of elevating the poorest of the poor was initiated by the inception of the Punjab & Sind Bank. Brainchild of Bhai Vir Singh, Sir Sunder Singh Majitha and Sardar Tarlochan Singh - the bank has covered miles. Among the people of Punjab, they have attained the highest level of respect. With the aim to help the weaker section of the society, for uplifting their standard of living, social commitment was the main agenda. With more than decades of experience in the banking sector, the bank is still striving strong.
Mission of Punjab and Sind Bank
- The risk management and Internal Control Systems should be properly placed at the right time.
- Highest level of technology should be adopted and operationlized as well.
- Customer service should be at the peak of all banking responsibilities.
- The business should be conducted with transparency and the bank should be responsible for its code of conduct.
- The financial as well as the non-financial risks should be managed professionally.
- Profitability should be in accordance with the prudential guidelines of the Bank.
Credit Card facilities of Punjab and Sind Bank
PSB - ICICI Bank Credit Card
The credit card business has been the most budding business in the retail finance segment in the modern day business scenario. Punjab and Sind Bank has tied up with ICICI Bank to offer the state of art technology to the cardholders for competing with the other peers in the banking industry.
The value added services and products of the bank has been designed in a manner to suit the needs of the esteemed clients.
About the PUNJAB & SIND BANK-ICICI BANK Credit Card
There are three variants of this credit card by Punjab and Sind Bank, viz, Blue, Silver and Gold. The eligibility criteria (with respect to yearly income) are:
|Eligibility||Blue Card||Silver Card||Gold Card|
|Salaried||` 60000/-p.a||` 60000/- p.a||` 120000/-p.a|
|Self Employed||` 50000/-p.a||` 50000/- p.a||` 100000/-p.a|
Features of the Punjab & Sind Bank-ICICI Bank Credit card:
- Maximum Interest Free Credit period
- Revolving Credit Facility
- Powerful Insurance benefits
- Powerful Rewards Programme
- Free Add-On Card
- Purchase Protection
- Limited Lost Card Liability
- Global Acceptance
- Balance Transfer Facility
- Self Set Limits
Insurance facilities of Punjab and Sind Bank
Punjab & Sind Bank has tied up with M/s Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company for offering Non Life insurance. The tie up with M/s Aviva Life Insurance Company India Pvt. Ltd. will offer the life insurance facilities to the customers.
Financial highlights of Punjab and Sind Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank plans for an IPO in 2010.
- There was 36.3% rise in net profit at ` 235 crore for the first half ended September 30, 2009.
- For the same period in 2008, the net profit stood at ` 172 crore.
- The total income surged up by 24.23% to ` 2,057.57 crore during the April-September period of 2009. In 2008, the figure stood at ` 1,656.29 crore.
- The total business of the bank touched ` 66,751 crore as on September 30, 2009, with that of ` 51,104 crore in the same period in 2008. A growth of 24.23% was identified.
|>> More Banks in India|
- Abhyudaya Co Op Bank Ltd
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Axis Bank
- Bank Of America
- Bank Of Bahrain And Kuwait
- Bank Of Baroda
- Bank Of Ceylon
- Bank Of India
- Bank Of Maharashtra
- Bank Of Tokyo Mitsubishi Ufj Ltd
- Barclays Bank Plc
- Bassein Catholic Co Op Bank Ltd
- Bnp Paribas
- Canara Bank
- Catholic Syrian Bank Ltd
- Central Bank Of India
- Chinatrust Commercial Bank
- Citizen Credit Co Op Bank Ltd
- City Union Bank Ltd
- Corporation Bank
- Credit Agricole Corp N Invsmnt Bank
- Dbs Bank Ltd
- Dena Bank
- Deutsche Bank Ag
- Development Credit Bank Limited
- Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd
- Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank Limited
- Firstrand Bank Limited
- Hdfc Bank Ltd
- Hsbc Bank Ltd
- Icici Bank Ltd
- Idbi Bank Ltd
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Indusind Bank Ltd
- Janakalyan Sahakari Bank Ltd
- Janata Sahakari Bank Ltd
- Jp Morgan Chase Bank
- Kapol Co Op Bank
- Karnataka Bank Ltd
- Karur Vysya Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Mahanagar Co Op Bank Ltd
- Maharashtra State Co Operative Bank
- Mashreq Bank Psc
- Mizuho Corporate Bank Ltd
- New India Co Operative Bank Ltd
- Nkgsb Co Op Bank Ltd
- Nutan Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd
- Oman International Bank Saog
- Oriental Bank Of Commerce
- Parsik Janata Sahakari Bank Ltd
- Punjab And Maharashtra Co Op Bank Ltd
- Punjab And Sind Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Rajkot Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd
- Reserve Bank Of India
- Standard Chartered Bank
- State Bank Of Bikaner And Jaipur
- State Bank Of Hyderabad
- State Bank Of India
- State Bank Of Mysore
- State Bank Of Travancore
- The Ahmedabad Mercantile Co Operative Bank Ltd
- The Bank Of Nova Scotia
- The Bharat Co Operative Bank Mumbai Ltd
- The Cosmos Co Operative Bank Ltd
- The Federal Bank Ltd
- The Jammu And Kashmir Bank Ltd
- The Kalupur Commercial Co Op Bank Ltd
- The Kalyan Janata Sahakari Bank Ltd
- The Karad Urban Co Op Bank Ltd
- The Karnataka State Co Operative Apex Bank Ltd Ba
- The Lakshmi Vilas Bank Ltd
- The Mehsana Urban Co Operative Bank Ltd
- The Mumbai Sub Urban Co Op Bank Ltd
- The Nainital Bank Limited
- The Nashik Merchants Co Op Bank Ltd
- The Ratnakar Bank Ltd
- The Royal Bank Of Scotland